Yu-Po Lee, M.D. Spine Surgery
Dr. Lee Specializes in the treatment of spinal disorders. His areas of interest include degenerative conditions such as disc herniations, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, and degenerative scoliosis. He also treats tumors and performs complex revision surgeries.
Dr. Lee actively engages in research that involves clinical trials on the latest treatments for spinal disorders, nerve regeneration, and biomechanics of the spine.
Dr. Lee received his undergraduate degree in Physiologic Science from UCLA and his medical doctorate degree UCLA. He later went onto an Orthopedic Internship and Residency at UCLA Medical Center. He followed that by a combined Orthopedic/Neurosurgical spine surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. He was at UCSD for 10 years where he was in charge of the spine surgery fellowship, the clinical trials coordinator, and served on national committees. Dr. Lee currently serves as a Clinical Professor at the University of California, Irvine.
- UCLA 1993
- UC Irvine Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Professor 2015-Present
- UCSD Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Associate Clinical Professor 2005-2015
- UCLA School of Medicine 1993-1998
- University of California at Los Angeles B.S., Physiological Science, cum laude 1988-1993
- UCLA 1998
- UCLA Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program 1998-2004
- Cleveland Clinic Spine Fellowship 2004-2005
- Charles H. Herndon Residency Research Award 2001
- Board Certified in Spine Surgery
- Member of the North American Spine Society 2007 – Present
- Member of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2006 – Present
- Member of the Western Orthopaedic Association 2007 – Present
- Member of the Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery 2006 – Present
- Member of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery 2008 – Present
- CME director for UCSD Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Residents 2007 –Present
- Director of UCSD Spine Surgery Clinical Trials Program 2005 – Present
- UCSD Spine Fellowship Director 2008 – Present
UCI Medical Center
101 The City Drive South
Pavillion III, BLDG 29 A
Orange, CA 92868
UCI Health Orthopaedic &
Sports Medicine Center
1640 Newport Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
UCI Health — Laguna Hills
23961 Calle de la Magdalena,
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
UCI Health – Tustin
1451 Irvine Blvd.
Tustin, CA 92780